Nissan stores your Personal Data for a period that is reasonable and/or as required by law. The storage period will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and used your Personal Data, and as required by any relevant legislations.
In order to determine the retention period, we consider factors such as:
- Your use of our Site and services;
- The existence of contractual or legal obligations requiring us to retain your Personal Data for a fixed period;
- The existence of any legal proceedings related to your use of our Site or services.
As a rule of thumb, we only store your Personal Data in active files or systems for the duration necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which we collected them, in compliance with applicable legislation. For example:
- In general, we will retain all your Personal Data until the deletion of your user account, if applicable;
- Exceptionally, and unless provided otherwise by local Privacy and Data Protection Laws, we may store your email address and your name and last name for the purpose of electronic marketing activities for no longer than 3 years starting from our last communication with you. You may at any moment exercise your right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for this purpose.
If you object to the processing of your Personal Data for electronic marketing purposes, we will retain your Personal Data for the duration necessary to comply with, and prove our compliance with, your request, and will delete your Personal Data unless they are necessary for the accomplishment of another purpose, such as the use of our Site or services.
For any other type of processing aside from electronic marketing, we retain your Personal Data for the entire duration of our commercial relationship and, at its termination, we keep your Personal Data for the maximum duration authorized by law for tax and accounting purposes. We may also archive your Personal Data for the duration of any legal obligations, after which we will periodically delete them unless further processing is necessary for other purposes mentioned above.
Below is a table indicating how long we keep your data according to specific purposes: